Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hiding Eggs and Blowing Bubbles

This Easter I tried to reflect on what Christ's life, death, and resurrection truly mean to me. I went to the temple on Monday and afterwards I started thinking about a time in my life when I was pretty down. It then hit me what the big deal about Easter was. Christ gave us the indescribable gift of the Atonement. But it wasn't an easy gift to give. He suffered in the garden and on the cross to give us that gift, and he did it alone. When he was on the cross, he cried "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" He knew that everyone else would forsake him, but even God, his father, did. He, the most perfect man to walk the earth, had to go through the most difficult trial, and he had no Heavenly Father, no Holy Spirit to comfort him. Truly, it was what had to be done, but truly, it was a representation of the greatest love known to mankind. I then realized that Christ suffered alone, so that I would never have to. I am never alone. When I face a trial, I always have God, Christ, and the Spirit with me. That's what his life means to me. That is why he died. What a sacrifice! What a glorious kind of love. And to think that he was resurrected, and he lives, and one day I'll be able to meet the person who loves me so much he would suffer and die for me. I'll never be able to thank him enough. I've always wished that I knew how to love like he does, so that I could reciprocate it. But I don't believe I have the capacity just yet. I suppose all I can do is try my best to show him the love and gratitude that I do have, and to spread his love and the knowledge of his divinity to the rest of God's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment